Sunday, May 9, 2010

MARTIN'S COVE 5/9/10

Hi family and friends,

This has been a busy week, but a lot of fun, training the new missionaries. We remember last year when we arrived that we were very apprehensive about what would lie ahead of us. There weren't many veteran missionaries last year so we couldn't receive the intensive training that we were able to give the new missionaries this year. I really feel they have appreciated it, because they have expressed their sincere thanks for our help, and how much more at ease they have felt after receiving it. I know I personally received zero training in the beginning because they were desperate to have a sprinkling system installed and so I was immediately asked to take on that project. But, I gradually learned the ropes and the rest is history. The last few days of this week I have been down with some kind of bug and so I have been out of commission, so to speak. Hopefully I will be back in shape for next week because we have a lot to accomplish. We love you all and appreciate your love and interest in our mission and our welfare. May the Lord be with all of you is our constant prayer.

Elder Leavitt

Hi everyone -- this will probably be our shortest email ever as we just wrote to you a few days ago.

I remember that I told you that snow was predicted for the day we were taking our new missionaries out on post to train them -- well, we woke up to snow so it was a very cold day to be out all day. I think between trekking in the high winds the day or so before transporting the missionaries around is what has Elder Leavitt sick. He's feeling a little better today, so hopefully he'll be back to normal before long.

Not much else to report -- we're becoming more acquainted with the new missionaries and are really enjoying that. We have more exciting things planned this week but it may have to be postponed because of rainy/snowy weather. I remember last year being cold in the Spring, but this year seems to be even colder.

Our love and prayers to you all,

Sister Leavitt

P.S. Sister Freeman reported today that Kaylee (her granddaughter) was allowed to leave the hospital to be home for Mother's Day. She'll have to go back, but this was a very positive step. Thank you to those of you who are praying for her.

No comments: